Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Today's Fun


Yesterday I decided that I was going to make today an interesting day because I was tired of the regular do nothing special in school, so I did. I went to the Media Center at school today found this very intriguing book called "Five Equations That Changed The World". It is about equations like E=MC2 that has changed our everyday lives that most people don't realize. Although that was just a blast for a nerd like me, I had even more fun at German(Deutch) club celebrating Oktoberfest. We had an array of candy and chips neatly organized in a symmetrical pattern. In the background there was some festive German dance music. Then after having a satisfying amount of food we got to decorate heart shaped cookies because Germans decorate heart shaped ginger bread with love sayings as a tradition. I decorated mine with orange outline (goes with Halloween) and wrote in orange gel, "Happy Octoberfest!" and then put a couple of smily faces on it and coverd it in orange sugar crystals, then took a picture and ate it. After all that fun I helped Megan get the gewy guts out of a pumpkin we wanted to carve. It had moon shaped eyes with a round pupal in the center. It had a small round circular nose and a banana shaped smile that made it look cute. It was kind of a mess to clean up knowing that we got some on the classroom floor. But we managed to do it. We smelled like pumpkin after wards, but I managed to wash it off with some ordinary hand soap. I had a really great day, and the bus ride was shorter today than usual too! I even got to enjoy the afternoon eating my favorite food, tacos.

No comments: