Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Math Anxiety


Today I decided to practice math online because I had a big case of math anxiety. Mr.Martz, the math teacher, sometimes picks random people to share their answers with the class. As you can guess, he calls on me, and with my heart pounding, I say my answer out loud and it is wrong. I don't get in any trouble or anything, but I still feel nervous in math class. So I decided I am going to practice math games and stuff to see if I can become faster at math and thus, be able to calculate larger amounts of data faster. Then maybe Mr.Martz will be impressed because I will be confident and raise my hand and actually want to share my answers. I hope I can get better at math because I don't want to be dumb, I REALLY don't.

1 comment:

Murray said...

Hi Adam

You may wish to vote in my poll on Interactive Mathematics. It asks about the thing you are writing about - the teacher asking you to come to the board and answer math questions!